Skip to main content

Lazy Summer Note Card Collection

Happy June everyone! I hope your Summer has started off great. Today I am sharing some cute new note cards from my "Lazy Summer" collection. After making tons of 6x6 cards it is a great change to make these smaller cards.

As mentioned on another blog post, I used Crate Paper's "Pretty Party" patterned paper for some of these cards. The patterns feel like a warm Summer day. I would like to give credit to one of the Two Peas members for the hand cut flower and pearl idea. Here is her page that inspired the following cards. Beautiful!


Here is the first group of cards I made using this fun idea. I also distressed the edges of the flowers and larger piece of paper with brown ink. Gave it a nice vintage feel.










Now, here are some other cards I made using ribbon. I just love these floral patterns papers, too.



Used Echo Park patterned paper of these. Can't remember if the gingham is EP, too.


I love this soft yellow ribbon. I even distressed the edges with green ink. Paper is from My Mind's Eye.



Hope you enjoyed these note cards. I had fun making them!


Comments

  1. These are gorgeous! I love that hand cut flower! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, they're beautiful Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great designs, I really like the colours you have used. Blessings for the week, Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Emmy's 2010

Did you watch the red carpet last night for the Emmy's? I love watching these award show red carpets more than the show itself.  I just saw the pictures online. One the sites I looked at was radaronline.com. These pictures are from there. First, I liked the navy blue one.  The dress had lots of drama and she wore it well. The purple one was interesting.  Still trying to decide if I like it. Maybe it would have been better with the layers on the bottom but not both.  I really love the color and the idea. Maybe a little too much going on. radaronline.com This next dress worn by Eva Longoria was so pretty. The black flowers on the bottom of the dress was so stunning! She looked  great, too. I wonder how the dress would look in a lighter color? Maybe the floral details would show up better. radaronline.com Out of  all the dresses I saw these were the most interesting ones. I was a little disappointed there weren't more WOW dresses. Also, there were s...

Valentine's Cards

Happy belated Valentine's Day. I hope it was a sweet one for you all. I just love making greeting cards for this holiday.  Nornally for Valentine's I make red and black cards which I love but this year I decided to add some pastel colored cards to my collection. Earlier this year, I made some cards with this beautiful paper pad from Michael's. I loved it so much, I just had to see if I could use it for Valentine's and they look great to me. Details:  Recollections Paper is from Michael's 6x6 paper pad called "Blush and Mint."  Flowers made with my Spellbinders scalloped circles.  Take a look! Do you feel the love? LOL! Cards are 5x7 in size. See the heart in the center? Love that idea!     Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!

My Birthday Blog Party

Welcome to my Birthday Blog Party! I am starting my celebration early to fully enjoy my day. My actual birthday is May 29th but why not start early right? :) When I think of birthdays past, they were always such exciting times for me. Many of my birthdays were celebrated with fun parties from my childhood to my young adult years. I loved all of those special parties and to this day, I still love it. Maybe this is where my love for event planning all started. At my 3rd birthday, my parents gave me a big one. I don't really remember but the pictures are so cool. I had lots of kids there, a clown, a little merry-go-round ride and lots of games. I had a white little outfit on and was looking so cute for a Spring party. Boy, I looked so happy! Also, I was brave not to be afraid of the clown, too. My mom was holding me as I blew the candles out. Another year, I had my first slumber party. That was so fun! I invited several friends and ...