Skip to main content

Scrapbook Heaven Day 3

It's Day 3 of my scrapping adventures. I really did have a fun time using lots of my stash and hope you all have enjoyed seeing my layouts.

Well, today I have two fun pages to share. First, is a layout about DONUTS! It was so funny, I got a catalog in the mail and it had these cute donuts all over the cover. I mentioned it to my hubby how I wanted some. Then the next morning when I got up there they were!!!! Yes, I am so spoiled! LOL!

I cut the donuts off of the catalog and used them as a centerpiece.

Yes, they were yummy!!!

I liked adding my printed journaling too.

Finally, we went to an event at Macy's in celebration of Black History Month and fashion. So this layout is dedicated to that night. I really enjoyed listening to the legendary fashion model Beverly Johnson ( red dress) and former editor of Essence magazine and fashion expert Constance White ( in black pants).


I made the background. I cut out images from magazines, added a sheet of vellum and that was it. Easy!



These ladies were amazing! The host, Beverly Johnson & Constance White.


 
Thanks for stopping by for my 3 days of heaven! Hope you have a super weekend!

Comments

  1. Kelly, I love what you did with the fashions and the vellum. You are so clever. That makes an excellent background for your layout. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of anything better (or sweeter) to scrap about than donuts! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The donuts look wonderful. Isn't it wonderful to have a husband who spoils you!

    What an awesome opportunity to commemorate Black History Month with such beautiful sisters.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts! Love the donuts and strip journaling is one of my favorite techniques! Looks like such fun at Macy's and the vellum idea looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome I love when and how you scrap!!! How clever to use the pic off the catalog for your centerpiece. So loving of Ron to have the donuts there when you woke up. You are spoiled GF!
    That event at Macy's sounds fun and love your photos and great idea using the vellum! I just wonder what all you would do if scrapped all the time! The techniques you would come up with would be so fun to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these layouts! The donut one is so yummy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Emmy's 2010

Did you watch the red carpet last night for the Emmy's? I love watching these award show red carpets more than the show itself.  I just saw the pictures online. One the sites I looked at was radaronline.com. These pictures are from there. First, I liked the navy blue one.  The dress had lots of drama and she wore it well. The purple one was interesting.  Still trying to decide if I like it. Maybe it would have been better with the layers on the bottom but not both.  I really love the color and the idea. Maybe a little too much going on. radaronline.com This next dress worn by Eva Longoria was so pretty. The black flowers on the bottom of the dress was so stunning! She looked  great, too. I wonder how the dress would look in a lighter color? Maybe the floral details would show up better. radaronline.com Out of  all the dresses I saw these were the most interesting ones. I was a little disappointed there weren't more WOW dresses. Also, there were s...

Valentine's Cards

Happy belated Valentine's Day. I hope it was a sweet one for you all. I just love making greeting cards for this holiday.  Nornally for Valentine's I make red and black cards which I love but this year I decided to add some pastel colored cards to my collection. Earlier this year, I made some cards with this beautiful paper pad from Michael's. I loved it so much, I just had to see if I could use it for Valentine's and they look great to me. Details:  Recollections Paper is from Michael's 6x6 paper pad called "Blush and Mint."  Flowers made with my Spellbinders scalloped circles.  Take a look! Do you feel the love? LOL! Cards are 5x7 in size. See the heart in the center? Love that idea!     Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!

My Birthday Blog Party

Welcome to my Birthday Blog Party! I am starting my celebration early to fully enjoy my day. My actual birthday is May 29th but why not start early right? :) When I think of birthdays past, they were always such exciting times for me. Many of my birthdays were celebrated with fun parties from my childhood to my young adult years. I loved all of those special parties and to this day, I still love it. Maybe this is where my love for event planning all started. At my 3rd birthday, my parents gave me a big one. I don't really remember but the pictures are so cool. I had lots of kids there, a clown, a little merry-go-round ride and lots of games. I had a white little outfit on and was looking so cute for a Spring party. Boy, I looked so happy! Also, I was brave not to be afraid of the clown, too. My mom was holding me as I blew the candles out. Another year, I had my first slumber party. That was so fun! I invited several friends and ...