Skip to main content

Mom's Album

My mom just loves all the cards I have given her since I have started. She had them all up on her kitchen counter for a few years now. So you can imagine the cards were taking over that space. She had a nice idea to put them in a photo album. We posted each card to a page with a nice floral background. So of course, I had to decorate the front of it. .

I really love how it turned out. I used some Prima flowers and leaves. The pearl and crystal swirls are from Recollections and maybe Prima. (Forgot?) The butterflies she got from Michael's floral section. Beautiful! I had a title on it but she preferred it on the inside page.

Comments

  1. Excellent work, Kelly... as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog Kelly- great start. From the pics you have shown so far, the cards you are making are beautiful!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so beautiful, Kelly. Congrats on getting your blog up and going. Wish I had the computer know how. Not sure I'd have anything to blog about, however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly....
    Your blog is beautiful!! I love the colors on there!
    The album is precious and the sweet butterflies on there could not be better!!
    Welcome to the world of blogging.....you are certainly off to a GREAT start!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that she keeps and displays your cards - great idea to put them in an album !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice idea.
    Soo pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly!
    Love this blog! Beautiful background and interesting posts! Keep up the good work! Love the album you made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet of your mom to lovingly display all your cards for years! Great idea to put them all safely in an album for her. The cover is beautiful. Love the flowers and the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just thought Id say hello. Im in cali too. Great book

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Emmy's 2010

Did you watch the red carpet last night for the Emmy's? I love watching these award show red carpets more than the show itself.  I just saw the pictures online. One the sites I looked at was radaronline.com. These pictures are from there. First, I liked the navy blue one.  The dress had lots of drama and she wore it well. The purple one was interesting.  Still trying to decide if I like it. Maybe it would have been better with the layers on the bottom but not both.  I really love the color and the idea. Maybe a little too much going on. radaronline.com This next dress worn by Eva Longoria was so pretty. The black flowers on the bottom of the dress was so stunning! She looked  great, too. I wonder how the dress would look in a lighter color? Maybe the floral details would show up better. radaronline.com Out of  all the dresses I saw these were the most interesting ones. I was a little disappointed there weren't more WOW dresses. Also, there were s...

Valentine's Cards

Happy belated Valentine's Day. I hope it was a sweet one for you all. I just love making greeting cards for this holiday.  Nornally for Valentine's I make red and black cards which I love but this year I decided to add some pastel colored cards to my collection. Earlier this year, I made some cards with this beautiful paper pad from Michael's. I loved it so much, I just had to see if I could use it for Valentine's and they look great to me. Details:  Recollections Paper is from Michael's 6x6 paper pad called "Blush and Mint."  Flowers made with my Spellbinders scalloped circles.  Take a look! Do you feel the love? LOL! Cards are 5x7 in size. See the heart in the center? Love that idea!     Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!

My Birthday Blog Party

Welcome to my Birthday Blog Party! I am starting my celebration early to fully enjoy my day. My actual birthday is May 29th but why not start early right? :) When I think of birthdays past, they were always such exciting times for me. Many of my birthdays were celebrated with fun parties from my childhood to my young adult years. I loved all of those special parties and to this day, I still love it. Maybe this is where my love for event planning all started. At my 3rd birthday, my parents gave me a big one. I don't really remember but the pictures are so cool. I had lots of kids there, a clown, a little merry-go-round ride and lots of games. I had a white little outfit on and was looking so cute for a Spring party. Boy, I looked so happy! Also, I was brave not to be afraid of the clown, too. My mom was holding me as I blew the candles out. Another year, I had my first slumber party. That was so fun! I invited several friends and ...