Skip to main content

INSPIRED SHE Edition: Jen Gallacher


Today, I am thrilled to introduce my next "Inspired She" guest 
Jen Gallacher. I first became acquainted with her years ago at Two Peas in a Bucket scrapbooking website. If I remember correctly, she was on the design team that created lots of fun classes and special events for us. I was new to the scrapbooking world back then, so it was all so exciting and energizing for me.

Inspired She Guest: Jen Gallacher

Recently, I started watching her YouTube videos again and felt so inspired and motivated. She is a "gem" in our papercrafting world and I am celebrating her today!

Jen is currently the Marketing Coordinator for Jillibean Soup, and Creative Editor for Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine. Her past design team positions were with:
Echo Park Paper
Carta Bella Paper
American Crafts
Two Peas in a Bucket
Karen Foster Design
Lil Davis Designs

Ok, let's get this Q&A party started. Also, I sprinkled pictures of some of her favorite papercrafting projects throughout this interview. Enjoy!

Kelly: When did you start papercrafting?
Jen:  "I started paper crafting when my sister took me to a scrapbooking class at Pebbles in My Pocket in 1997. I soon joined her as a designer for PaperKuts magazine and have worked in the industry ever since."

"Let's Live Here" Layout by Jen

 Kelly:  How do you handle it when you have lost your creative mojo?
Jen:  "I lose my creative mojo all the time. I take a break, look on Pinterest, buy new supplies, or make another kind of craft to jumpstart my creativity again."

Kelly: How has papercrafting helped you in life's stressful moments especially with the loss of your son?
Jen:  "I lost my son to cancer in 2007. The scrapbooking community rallied around us and sent us uplifting cards, put together a beautiful fundraising event, and made sure we were doing ok. I have no idea what I would have done without the amazing people in this community. They helped me through the worst time in our lives. There aren't many other hobbies that will love on you like that."

Kelly: WOW, thanks for sharing this! I am SO glad this community loved you through that experience. Papercrafting and this community has gotten me through some dark times as well and I am grateful.

Kelly : Who and/or what inspires you creatively? 
Jen:  "I love learning from other designers. I'll watch YouTube videos, read blog posts, pin other designers' projects. There is so much talent in our world. I love seeing where the trends are heading and trying new things."

"Unbelievably Blessed" Card by Jen
  
Kelly: On your blog you mentioned #makingitmeaningful. What does this mean to you?
Jen:  "#makeitmeaningful is the approach I take to creating. If I'm going to make a scrapbooking layout, I want it to have a special meaning for my children who read it. It's more than just about what we did, it's about what we felt. When I create a card or paper crafting project, I try to think of someone that I can give the project to. It's so much more meaningful to spread the joy around."   

Kelly: Do you have any upcoming classes or projects you would like to share with us?
Jen: "I offer several scrapbooking classes on my shop site. Look for a NEW class coming soon. Be sure to subscribe to my email list to learn more!" 

3-D Cactus Set by Jen

Kelly: Thanks Jen for this inspiring Q&A time as well as your fantastic pictures. Blessings to you and all of your work!

I hope you all visit Jen's social media sites (listed below) and subscribe to her email list at  www.jengallacher.com. She has wonderful papercrafting techniques and projects to learn from. So please check her out.

Jen is truly an inspiration and I hope something was said today to lift your spirits as you balance life and crafting! Take care and look forward to the next "Inspired She!" Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to this blog so you won't miss the next edition.




Comments

  1. This is such a nice tribute to Jen. You have done a great job with this interview. I have admired Jen for many years, beginning back on 2peas. Thank you for sharing this. I am loving your Inspired She!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Sistah Painting

I love trying new things in art. It is like an adventure and a hearty challenge. So after I saw this picture of the soul singer Ledisi, I just had to try it. Love the dark eye shadow and the head tilted. So dramatic! When I first tried adding the blue eye shadow to my painting it looked cool to me. But when I had my hubby look at it he nicely told me the blue I did made her eyes look hollow! LOL! So I went back and added a lighter blue and that did it! So here are some pictures showing the progression of my version of Ledisi. Thanks for stopping by! Have a super day.

My Birthday Blog Party

Welcome to my Birthday Blog Party! I am starting my celebration early to fully enjoy my day. My actual birthday is May 29th but why not start early right? :) When I think of birthdays past, they were always such exciting times for me. Many of my birthdays were celebrated with fun parties from my childhood to my young adult years. I loved all of those special parties and to this day, I still love it. Maybe this is where my love for event planning all started. At my 3rd birthday, my parents gave me a big one. I don't really remember but the pictures are so cool. I had lots of kids there, a clown, a little merry-go-round ride and lots of games. I had a white little outfit on and was looking so cute for a Spring party. Boy, I looked so happy! Also, I was brave not to be afraid of the clown, too. My mom was holding me as I blew the candles out. Another year, I had my first slumber party. That was so fun! I invited several friends and a cousin. It was so great to have m

Under the Trees (updated)

Last Sunday, my husband and I went to one of our local parks. It was a nice, sunny and warm afternoon but the breeze was just heavenly. We found a shady spot full of all types of trees and laid out and just relaxed. So here is a layout I did from that lazy Sunday. I scrap lifted this idea from Latrice Murphy's layout in the August 2014 issue of Paper Craft & Scrapbooking magazine on page 59. I saw the online copy and when I saw her layout, it went in my memory to try at some point. A great way to use up all those scraps I had sitting around, too. I love the wood grain paper paired with all the bright patterned paper.  We laughed as I took the "selfie" of us laying around. I splattered white gesso paint around. This little leather sticker was a fun touch. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! 7/25/14 After looking at this layout this morning I decided to add some gold glitter paper banners to really finish it off. Now I feel sati